craftingourlives.com is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then, you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
craftingourlives.com may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes.
What do we collect?
We collect personally identifiable information about you (your “Data”) through:
- The use of enquiry, feedback, registration or similar forms
- The provision of your details to us either online or offline
- The elements of your Data that we collect may include:
- Mobile telephone number
- E-mail address
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorized access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
We use information from cookies for purposes which may include:
- Identifying returning users, registrants and subscribers and to allow subscribers to be presented with a personalised version of the site
- Enabling you to move more easily around our site
- Your use of our site to better develop our sites in accordance with your requirements
- Building up a demographic profile
You can delete cookies from your hard drive at any time however this will mean that any settings such as your stored username and password will have to be reset. You can set your internet browser so that it will not allow cookies to be stored on your computer. This may reduce the functionality of the site, prevent access to subscriber-only areas of the site and mean that certain features or content will not be available to you.
Further information on how to prevent cookies from being stored on your computer can be found on http://www.allaboutcookies.org under the “manage cookies” section. Alternatively, go to the help menu within your internet browser.
From time to time we may permit 3rd party companies to set cookies on craftingourlives.com for purposes which may include market research, serving advertisements, revenue tracking or to improve the functionality of the site.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
How we use your personally identifiable information
We may collect and use your personally identifiable information for the following purposes:
When you wish to purchase a product or service from our website, you will be requested to provide the requisite payment information. This will be directly passed on to the payment gateway that we use to process the transaction or as otherwise necessary for the performance of our contractual obligations to you, including as applicable, order confirmation, billing, and delivering products or services. We do not have access to nor store the payment information on our database.
We do not store credit card details nor do we share customer details with any 3rd parties.
- To improve customer service
Information you provide helps us respond to your customer service requests and support needs more efficiently. We will do this on the basis of our legitimate interests.
- To maintain customer database
Certain products and services that we offer require you to meet certain pre-requisites. These prerequisites include prior purchase of our other relevant products and services. We maintain a customer database to keep an internal record of and track the history of the products and services that individuals have purchased from us. Our database includes personal data belonging to individuals whom we already have a business relationship or want to develop one.
We may use feedback you provide to improve our services. We will do this on the basis of our legitimate business interests.
- To run promotions, surveys or other site features
With your consent, we will use your personally identifiable information to keep our internal records and keep you informed by email, text, web or telephone about our products and services, including special offers, discounts, promotions, events and contests. You are free to opt out from receiving such communications at any time.
- To communicate directly with you
We may use your personally identifiable information to respond to your enquiries, questions and/or other requests. We do this on the basis of our contractual obligations to you, our legal obligations and our legitimate interests.
- To fulfil any other purpose for which you provide personally identifiable information
We may use your personally identifiable information for purposes that we make known to you at the time of collection of such information or otherwise upon your consent.
- In our recorded videos - We, upon your consent given while filling the registration form, will be using the recordings of our online workshops and masterclass to convert into recorded products for sales and promotion. Everytime you sign up for a Masterclass or workshop, you agree (as mentioned in the form and ticketing link) to this.
Changes to this Policy
In addition to the circumstances described above, Ramya Ranganathan may disclose the craftingourlives.com member information if required to do so by law, court order, as requested by other government or law enforcement authority, or in the good faith belief that disclosure is otherwise necessary or advisable including, without limitation, to protect the rights or properties of Ramya Ranganathan or any or all of its affiliates, associates, or employees, or when we have reason to believe that disclosing the information is necessary to identify, contact or bring legal action against someone who may be causing interference with our rights or properties, whether intentionally or otherwise, or when anyone else could be harmed by such activities. In addition, if Ramya Ranganathan. or substantially all of its assets are acquired, our customer information will most likely also be transferred in connection with such acquisition.
" or “Policy
This Policy outlines Dr. Ramya Ranganathan (hereafter “we
", or “our
") practices in relation to the storage, use, processing, and disclosure of personal data that you have chosen to share with us when you avail the products and services offered on or through the Platform (hereafter “Services
"). This Policy sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from or about you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Capitalised words in the Policy shall have the same meaning ascribed to them in the Terms and Conditions (“Terms
"). Please read this Policy in consonance with the Terms. By using our Services, you consent to the collection, storage, use, and disclosure of your personal data, in accordance with, and are agreeing to be bound by this Policy. This Policy, together with any terms of the arrangement we have with you, applies to your use of the Services.
- THE DATA WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU
- We collect different types of personal data about you. This includes, but is not limited to:
- Identity and Profile Data, such as your first and last name, username or similar identifiers, title, passwords, purchases, sales or orders of or through our Services, feedback, survey responses;
- Contact Data, including email addresses, phone numbers, delivery addresses, billing addresses, business addresses;
- Transaction Data, including details of the Services you have availed and a limited portion of the details related to the payments made in relation to the Transactions which are shared with us by our partner payment aggregator, UPI details and VPA details;
- Technical Data, which includes your IP address, browser type, internet service provider, details of operating system, access time, page views, device ID, device type, frequency of visiting our website and use of the Platform, website and mobile application activity, clicks, date and time stamps, location data, and other technology on the devices that you use to access the Platform.
- Usage Data which includes information about how you use the Services, your activity on the Platform, booking history, user taps and clicks, user interests, time spent on the Platform and page views.
- Marketing and Communications Data, including your preferences in receiving marketing from us and our third parties and your communication preferences.
- We also collect, use, and share aggregated data such as statistical or demographic data for any purpose. Aggregated data could be derived from your personal data but is not considered personal data under law as it does not directly or indirectly reveal your identity. However, if we combine or connect aggregated data with your personal data so that it can directly or indirectly identify you, we treat the combined data as personal data which will be used in accordance with this Policy.
- What happens if I refuse to provide my personal data? Where we need to collect personal data by law, or under the terms of a contract (such as the Terms), and you fail to provide that data when requested, we may not be able to perform the contract (for example, to provide you with the Services). In this case, we may have to cancel or limit your access to the Services.
- HOW DO WE COLLECT DATA ABOUT YOU?
- We use different methods to collect and process data about you.
- Direct Interactions. You provide us your personal data when you interact with us. This includes personal data you provide when you:
- create an account or profile with us;
- use our Services or carry out other activities in connection with the Services;
- enter a promotion, user poll, or online surveys;
- request marketing communications to be sent to you; or
- report a problem with the Platform and/or our Services, give us feedback or contact us.
- Automated technologies or interactions. Each time you visit the Platform or use the Services, we will automatically collect Technical Data about your equipment, browsing actions, and patterns. We collect this personal data by using cookies, web beacons, pixel tags, server logs, and other similar technologies. We may also receive Technical Data about you if you visit other websites or apps that employ our cookies.
- Information we receive from other sources including third parties. We will receive personal data about you from various third parties such as:
- Identity and Profile Data and Contact Data from publicly available sources.
- Personal data about you from entities that we have partnered with, in order to provide you Services.
- HOW DO WE USE AND DISCLOSE DATA WE COLLECT?
- We will only use your personal data when the law allows us to. Most commonly, we will use your personal data where we need to provide you with the Services, or where we need to comply with a legal obligation. We use your personal data for the following purposes:
- to verify your identity to register you as a user, and create your user account with us on the Platform;
- to provide the Services to you;
- to monitor trends and personalise your experience;
- to improve the functionality of our Services based on the information and feedback we receive from you and to improve our business and delivery models;
- to improve customer service to effectively respond to your Service requests and support needs;
- to track Transactions;
- to send periodic notifications to manage our relationship with you including to notify you of changes to the Services, send you information and updates pertaining to the Services you have availed, and to receive occasional company news and updates related to us or the Services;
- to market and advertise the Services to you;
- to comply with legal obligations;
- to administer and protect our business and the Services , including for troubleshooting, data analysis, system testing, and performing internal operations;
- to perform our obligations that arise out of the arrangement we are about to enter or have entered with you;
- to enforce our Terms; and
- to respond to court orders, establish or exercise our legal rights, or defend ourselves against legal claims.
- You agree and acknowledge that by using our Services and creating an account with us on the Platform, you authorise us, to contact you via email, phone, or otherwise. This is to provide the Services to you and ensure that you are aware of all the features of the Services and for related purposes.
- You agree and acknowledge that any and all information pertaining to you, whether or not you directly provide it to us (via the Services or otherwise), including but not limited to personal correspondence such as emails, instructions from you, etc., may be collected, compiled, and shared by us in order to render the Services to you. This may include but not be limited to partner payment aggregator, other service providers that we have partnered with for providing Services, storage providers, data analytics providers, consultants, lawyers, and auditors.
- You agree and acknowledge that we may share data without your consent, when it is required by law or by any court or government agency or authority to disclose such information. Such disclosures are made in good faith and belief that it is reasonably necessary to do so for enforcing this Policy or the Terms, or in order to comply with any applicable laws and regulations.
- TRANSFER OF PERSONAL DATA
- We comply with Applicable Laws in relation to storage and transfer of data. Strictly subject to the RBI's guidelines and regulations, we may, where the law permits, transfer and store the information and personal data you provide to us in countries other than India. This may happen if any of our servers are from time to time located in a country other than India, or any of our service providers is located in a country other than India.
- If you use the Services while you are outside India, your information may be transferred, subject to Applicable Laws, to a country other than India in order to provide you with the Services.
- By submitting your information and personal data to us, you agree to the transfer, storage, and processing of such information and personal data outside India in the manner described above.
- THIRD PARTY SERVICES
- Our Services may, from time to time, contain services provided by or links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers, and affiliates (“Third Party Services”). Please note that the Third Party Services that may be accessible through our Services have their own privacy policies. We do not accept any responsibility or liability for the policies or for any personal data that may be collected through the Third Party Services. Please check their policies before you submit any personal data to such websites or use their services.
- Cookies are small files that a site or its service provider transfers to your mobile phone or computer's hard drive through your web browser (if you allow) that enables the site or service providers' systems to recognise your browser and capture and remember certain information.
- DATA SECURITY
- We implement appropriate security measures and privacy-protective features on our Platform including encryption, password protection, call masking, and physical security measures to protect your personal data from unauthorised access and disclosure, and follow standards prescribed by applicable law.
- Where you have chosen a password that enables you to access certain parts of the Services, you are responsible for keeping this password secret and confidential. We will not be responsible for any unauthorised use of your information, or for any lost, stolen, or compromised passwords, or for any activity on your user account due to such unauthorised disclosure of your password. In the event your password has been compromised in any manner whatsoever, you should promptly notify us to enable us to initiate a change of password.
- DATA RETENTION
- You are aware that your personal data will continue to be stored and retained by us for a reasonable period or for such period of time as permitted under Applicable Laws, after we accomplish the purpose for which it was collected.
- USER GENERATED CONTENT
- We invite you to post content on our Platform, including your comments, feedback, pictures, or any other information that you would like to be made available on our Platform. Please note that such content will be available to all visitors to our Platform and may become public. We cannot prevent such information from being used in a manner that is contrary to this Policy, applicable laws, or your personal privacy, and we disclaim all liability (express or implied) in this regard. Further, you agree to comply with all applicable laws in relation to the content uploaded or otherwise shared by you on our Platform. You understand and acknowledge that you will be solely responsible for any information published by you on our Platform that violates applicable laws.
- BUSINESS TRANSITIONS
- You are aware that in the event we go through a business transition, such as a merger, acquisition by another organisation, or sale of all or a portion of our assets, your personal data might be among the assets transferred.
- We keep our Policy under regular review and may amend this Policy from time to time, at our sole discretion.
- The terms of this Policy may change and if it does, these changes will be posted on this page and, where appropriate, notified to you by email. Please ensure that you review this Policy regularly.
- GRIEVANCE OFFICER
- You may contact us at email@example.com with any enquiry relating to this Policy or an enquiry relating to your personal information (including reviewing or updating).